Welcome to the TP online service for Sunday 5 April 2020
- Notices are at the end of the morning worship
- Hymns are suggested for reading/singing in your morning worship. These are all available with music in the Christian Hymns app (details on the online resources page and I recommend the paid for version which costs 99p). Alternatively, use your own hymn book or look online to find the words and music
- Read Psalm 118
- Hymn: Jesus shall reign where'er the sun (310)
- Prayer: Praise and thank our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ our Saviour
- Read John 12:1-19
- Prayer: Bring your own requests to the Lord with thanksgiving
- Hymn: Ride on! ride on in majesty (258)
- Watch the video below by clicking on the play arrow in the centre of the thumbnail.
- Spend a little more time responding to the Lord in prayer.
- Hymn: Jesus! the Name high over all (171)
- Watch the notices in the video below
Evening, 6.30We unite this evening with Christians all over the world in prayer to our Lord who is sovereign over all the events of life. Let us cry out to Him for mercy and for grace, that this plague may end, that the needs of people will be met and, above all, for people young and old to turn to the Lord Jesus Christ in repentance and faith. Pray that we Christians may give a good testimony of trust in the Lord and that we may see a great revival in the church.
- Let us ask God to show us where we have sinned and to teach us His ways
- Let us acknowledge our sins and the sins of the nation and the world
- Plead for forgiveness with humility and gratitude for Jesus Christ the Saviour
- Be thankful that the sovereign Lord is in control of all that is happening
- Be thankful for the means we have to keep church life going and to spread the Gospel
- Plead with the Lord for the sick, dying and bereaved
- Pray for those involved in maintaining all the services needed for daily life and caring
- Pray that the Lord would accomplish all He has purposed and cut short the duration of the pandemic
- Pray that the nation would emerge from this with more humility and more wisdom and, above all, turning back to God